You can have an enhanced 12-week ultrasound at the Harris Birthright Centre at King’s College Hospital – an international centre of excellence for fetal medicine.
- A more detailed scan, carried out by a specialist fetal medicine doctor
- Results within an hour (rather than waiting 7-10 days)
- The opportunity to discuss your scan results with the same doctor, straight away
- An assessment of the risk of having your baby too early or of developing raised blood pressure
- A fetal DNA (Harmony) test if there is an increased risk of Down’s syndrome. This is normally only available privately and avoids the needs for the standard, more invasive test.