Healthwatch Bromley is your local health and social care champion. From Beckenham to Biggin Hill and everywhere in between, we make sure National Health Services (NHS) leaders and other decision makers hear your voice and use your feedback to improve care. Please take five minutes to share your story with us.
The PPG is a group of patients and practice staff who meet at regular intervals to decide ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practices to their patients. ie a critical, but supportive, friend. We currently have 10 members that make up our Patient participation group, and are actively recruiting.
Patient Participation Group Aims
The Patient Participation Group’s (PPG) aims are to:
- act as a bridge between the practices & their patients
- champion patients’ voices at PPG meetings
- provide information to patients through newsletters and other media
- provide feedback to the practices from the patients
- listen and act upon patient views
- facilitate the practices, as appropriate, with plans to move to the Library site
- act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
How does the PPG meet?
Our PPG meet regularly (usually quarterly) face to face, but do also communicate via email and WhatsApp group.
The meeting is attended by the practice manager and a GP partner. We really appreciate the members of our patient panel who give up their time to represent the patient voice of the surgery. We are looking to be more representative so do please think about joining us. If you think you would like to be involved or have a suggestion, and are a current patient of either practice, please contact us
- By email to [email protected]
- Via suggestion boxes in both surgery waiting rooms
- By asking reception staff to forward your details to Hayley Kirk – Practice manager.
We do have a few ground rules, namely
- To work collaboratively, positively and in a supportive manner with the practices and each other
- The PPG is not a forum for complaints or grievances, but for ideas to resolve any issues
- Confidentiality to be maintained
We ask all members to sign and return our Terms of Reference & Confidentiality Agreements.
Contact the Patient Participation Group
If you have any suggestions, comments and feedback for the PPG please email us at [email protected]
We’re here to listen – and respond!
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/broomwoodhealthcentre
Contact the Patient Group Online
Contact the Patient Participation Group to join, or with any suggestions, comments and feedback for the forum meetings by completing the below form.